Work Package 1: Project management (MANAGEMENT)
RESPONSIBLE: Marco Ricolfi.
The governance architecture that will coordinate the work of partners, beneficiaries and stakeholders is composed of the following:
- The Project Steering Committee (PSC): one representative for each partner and the administrative manager of the Lead Partner (DSG-UniTO).
- The Scientific Committee (SC) will include the WPs leads and the administrative manager of the Lead Partner (DSG-UniTO). Both the PSC and the SC will be led by the Project Leader.
- The Administrative Committee will be composed by one administrative person for each partner and it will be led by the administrative manager of the Lead Partner.
- The Stakeholders Board will include relevant stakeholders as: Public Administration at local Regional and National Level, including key regional players such as CSI, PSI re-users representatives as local business organizations (API, Confindustria, Amma, etc.), Consumers’ Association, Regional Development Agency, private sector and public utilities, the research system, etc; the Board will elect its own coordinator, who, in turn will refer to the Project Lead.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Committee will be composed by one representative for each partner and it will report to the Project Lead.
OBJECTIVES: The project management structure is to guarantee the correct implementation of the activities, the achievement of the project objectives and the valorization of the project results.
Beside to this general objective, some more specific objectives are listed below:
- to ensure a constant monitoring of the scientific, technical and administrative development of the project;
- to make sure that the partners are constantly updated on the activities and objectives of the project;
- to ensure the consistency of the results with the action plan approved by the Funding Agency;
- to assure the flow of communication and information by organizing periodic meetings and via dedicated mailing lists;
- to assure the periodical monitoring and evaluation of the project progress status and the quality control of the project results;
- to guarantee the correct administrative functioning of the project, gathering and organizing all the relevant administrative documents;
- to give precise instructions about the Project management rules, eligibility rules and the implementation rules;
- to give public visibility to the impact of project, with proper credit give to the Funding Agency;
- to involve the relevant stakeholders in the project to maximize the social, institutional, scientific and economic benefits of the project and minimize its negative impacts.
ATTENDED RESULTS: The main expected result of this WP is to ensure effective and timely project activities, both at the scientific and at the administrative level. Specific WP1 output include the periodic reports that will be sent to the Funding Agency to document project progress and deliverables.
To the evaluation and monitoring activities, which will take place during the project, will correspond specific products:
- monitoring reports; showing the analytic development of the project with respect to the scheduling and the quantitative indicators of performance, considering both the activities and the financial aspects;
- self-evaluation report; containing the quantitative and qualitative analysis of the performances in terms of efficiency, efficacy, impact, sustainability, etc., for each phase and for the project as a whole (“active” buy-out tools – questionnaires, interview grid - and “passive”- available information sources – elaboration of a series of reference indicators, etc.)
Other indicators, mainly qualitative, will be obtained from the M&V reports (Monitoring and Valuation); they will deal with the following aspects:
- disseminations of the results of each phase (identification of the receivers effectively informed);
- effective and efficient management of the project (obtained using indicators, created expressly by the M&V program, and the over all global evaluation of the project).